ADVERTISEMENT

The Ethics of Ethics

WILDCAT MATT

All-Big 12 performer
Aug 21, 2001
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/us/politics/walter-shaub-ethics-recommendations.html

The US Government Ethics head is resigning and blasting the Trump Administration on his way out to the New York Times. My main take from this article is Mr Shaub does not think there should be any connection between a public official's private business and themselves while serving the people of the United States. The main example is President Trump going to his Hotels and Golf Courses.

To me this is another "Tastes Great, Less Filling" discussion. For most people Mr Shaub is correct, but when the extremely rich takes a Government job they are not going to profit from it. The Trump family and Secretary Tillerson would be making much more if they had never taken their present positions.

Hillary's famous "we were dead broke, when we left the White House" quote makes Mr Shaub look a little naïve on his rant. The Clinton's are now richer than Jed Clampett.

I do not have the answer to this ethics issue, but to eliminate wealthy successful people to hold office and take a vow of poverty while in office is not good for our society.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News