ADVERTISEMENT

Football The Walkthrough: WVU gameday

D

Derek Young

Not a ton this week.

1) Deuce was a little banged up as @TX pointed out. I confirmed that. But he's a go. I didn't know about his info on Harry Trotter, which he said might be questionable but also sounds like he's going to go.

2) A.J. Parker is what I would deem a game-time decision. I recorded something on Thursday that said it is on track to be one of those 'make the trip and test it out right before the game' kind of deals. I think that's what is happening.

3) In terms of covid, there does show one current case on the football team via the Riley County dashboard. From my understanding, that may be one that is still lingering from last week. So, a good week on that front.

4) Recruiting wise, Cats got Logan Landers on the basketball side of things. I think they'll work to try to sign one more. A guy I think they may try the same thing with is Kyle Cuffe at guard. They could have him re-classify to 2021. Doesn't sound like he was too, too interested in that. But at one time, neither was Landers.

5) Cardet is their next most important target with Landers off the board and heading to Manhattan. He's a spring guy, though, and the time between now and then does allow for more suitors to jump into the picture if they want. That leaves me less optimistic, especially after what happened with Dezonie.

6) Football recruiting wise, did check in with a solid source on Friday. I do think there's going to be some further turnover in this class. There's been more with this one than this coaching staff in particular, typically sees. They already lost Langlois to LSU and Bolticoff to TCU. They may have upgraded over Bolticoff though with Andrew Leingang. Beyond that, I could see a couple others not sign with K-State this year, but those two won't surprise anyone. I'll keep it coy and vague for now because I'm not sure if it is supposed to be explicitly shared.

7) They will chase another safety but they're still going to be patient. There's potential to add another linebacker, and if they do, they'd slot Gaven Haselhorst. I think the official plan now is for Devrin Weathers to be a RB. He's slotted there now. An offensive tackle and cornerback are still in the plans, too. Maybe a nickel. It will depend on space.

8) I'll answer any questions on anything I didn't address or forgot to address as best as I can.

Enjoy the game and Go Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News