ADVERTISEMENT

Football The Walkthrough

D

Derek Young

Here is what I'm hearing leading up to kick.

1) Offensively, I'm hearing that they'll at least be without the services of Harry Trotter, Logan Long and Nick Lenners. I do not know if there is any more on the offensive side of the ball.

2) Trotter's absence is why I have kept saying I think we're going to see more Tyler Burns and Jacardia Wright. However, Keyon Mozee was mentioned too by Klieman. Of course, they have Deuce.

3) Skylar Thompson has practiced this week.

4) Joshua Youngblood and Wykeen Gill are back at receiver. Not sure if Christian Duffie has returned but Messingham rattled off the same OL group as starters during his Thursday presser.

5) Noah Johnson should be starting, so I assume he's close to 100 percent.

6) Jahron McPherson is expected to play and come back from his injury return.

7) Not sure if Khalid Duke is going to play or not. Haven't found the answer on that. He was a healthy scratch so to speak vs Arkansas State.

8) The players on the defensive side of the ball that I have heard they will be missing are Ryan Henington, Lance Robinson, Eli Huggins and Daniel Green. There may be more.

9) Wayne Jones scarily exited the game vs Arkansas State because of injury. I don't know anything for a fact, but I would be surprised if he could go.

10) Oklahoma has a chunk of contributors that are expected to be out, too. It sounds like they were almost as close to threshold at a spot. It sounds like a true freshman will start at left tackle for them, for example.

I think that's everything. I'll answer any lingering questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News