ADVERTISEMENT

The winds are stirring . . . In conclusion

nobin

On the depth chart
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2007
For those of you who were following my original post, I did follow up with my source. Regarding what was stirring last weekend, l was informed that there was a movement by some significant financial boosters to meet with Tennessee John last Sunday. I was told that he had originally agreed to meet with them, but reversed his position. I am not going to mention names other than Garth Gardiner, who was mentioned on this board last week as being disappointed in the current regime. Garth was among the push to meet with Tennessee John.
As a show of support for Brad Underwood, Garth was front and center at Brad's introductory news conference in Stillwater and sat next to my source on the front row.
Obviously, as has been discussed on GPC, Tennessee John had long ago decided he was supporting his hire through thick and thin as it relates to next year. I do think Johnny is rubbing plenty of people including
$upporters the wrong way.
I received a text from my source Sunday that something was happening that could provide hope that Brad might get his chance to come home. He also indicated if it was going to happen it would have to happen fast, as in Monday morning. That is why I posted the original thread.
FWIW: there were a number of athletic directors who had been talking with Brad's agent for a number of weeks regarding a head coaching position. OSU had a private jet in Nacogdoches, TX at 9:00 AM Monday morning. Just in case there was any confusion that Brad was Holder's guy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News