ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking about the increase in distrust

Thebalo

All-American performer
Apr 1, 2002
Yesterday I was talking with a family member about the distrust of all people, all government, at all levels and trying to pinpoint when it became the new thing to be more extreme than the next person.

I don't remember a ton of it during George W Bush, but I remember the birth certificate scandal, Islamic ring scandal, and several others during the Obama administration that were proven to be false and just to prey on people's fears.

I think it was right around this time when the media decided it would double down on fear mongering, then social media took it to a whole new level.

What we are left with, is a society that can't trust, and physically reacts to anything that threatens their internal sense of safety. Conspiracy theories spread like wildfire and the means to do so has only gotten easier.

I'm not saying you should 100% trust anything, but there needs to be a less extreme middle ground located. We've now gotten to the point where an 18 year old shoots up a grocery store after being indoctrinated for essentially their entire life with pure bullshit and they've got no compass to see what's right and what's wrong as everything around them becomes more polarized by the week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News