ADVERTISEMENT

Timing (long)

rrippe

On full scholarship
Jun 13, 2008
Tucson by way of Hays, America
It’s really a shame that the old adage, “A few bad apples can ruin the bunch”, applies to our fan base, or in this case, our message board. Doesn’t matter what you post or say, those few bad apples will eat their young, much less turn whatever you have to say into a look at me, you don’t know what you are talking about, or just simply throw out assumptions as to what it is you posted in the first place. To those good apples, I apologize for trying to provide you with some information, the same reason you come to this message board day in and day out to hear about. To those who were in my position before, I thank you for your candor and willingness to provide some of that information, even if it was in a round about way. To those who follow, thank you for putting yourself out there in order to provide those who appreciate it, the information you provide.

Like most of you, I come to this board to read about the tidbits, the behind the scenes incidents, the so called “inside” information, and having the source that I have, I had every intention of providing whatever I could to this board simply because I know that being in your position, I appreciated it when others let us in on what they knew too. Despite what many ‘bad apples’ have said, I had been providing specific information recently, but of course, the one time I hesitate to bring up specifics due to the nature of the information, they not only take notice, but they won’t even acknowledge any logical reasoning because well, they are too lazy to look it up or too busy preparing their assault on your character, claims against your intent, and the ever so popular trolling of baiting you into whatever they feel is humorous or will compensate for their inferiority complex.

But before I get into that, I wanted to say thank you to those who provide information and thank you to those who appreciate the information that is provided no matter how little or how insignificant it may be, because it’s worth it to everyone who feels that way, but not worth it to provide it to those who don’t. That being said, I wish I could say that going forward I was going to continue as I had planned, providing information to the board from having obviously a very reliable source within the program for quite a long time, in fact it has just been extended given the recent news, to over 4 years worth of inside information or something to that extent, maybe one of the bad apples can do the math. I’m sure the first thing posted will be, his source dried up or he didn’t really have a source and doesn’t know anything, it was just the one time he was maybe right and he wouldn’t be right again like all of the others, and that’s fine. It’s fine because everything they haven’t been right in anything that they have said or assumed to be, not even close, not by a mile. They couldn’t be any farther from the truth so why even bother trying to convince them otherwise.

I’m sorry those few bad apples ruined it for everyone else, but I am going to do exactly what some of them have emphatically told me to do, and that is shut the *blank* up when it comes to relaying any information from my sources, not to appease them, but because they don’t deserve to read it, don’t deserve to know about it, and don’t deserve to comment on it. But before I seal my vault, as a parting gift to all the good apples, I figured I would leave you with some of the information I provided before, some new information as well, and for the bad apples, something to chew on as the season continues.

And I realize the bad apples are gonna have a field day with being called bad apples, but we get it, you guys are good at copying and pasting and taking things out of context, that’s obvious, but spare us the lame attacks on whatever makes you feel better about yourself, because it makes you look ridiculous.

The reason I named the thread ‘Timing” has nothing to do with how or when this post happened or any other post of mine; instead, it is because in short, that has been the answer to most if not all of the questions presented by the board with regards to what I have talked about or will talk about within this thread.

To start, I haven’t called anyone out yet and will hold true to that by just saying, I can provide links to previous posts to show you how it’s done too. And they are specific no less:

http://kansasstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/ksu-vs-sd-game-thread.18372/#post-260847

http://kansasstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/kellis-tweeted-that-coach-snyder.19257/#post-270033

http://kansasstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/back-to-football-for-a-sec-log-jam-at-sophomore-qb.19362/#post-271764

http://kansasstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/official-depth-chart.17526/page-2#post-251547

http://kansasstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/kellis-tweeted-that-coach-snyder.19257/page-2#post-271857

For those who don’t want to browse through those links, here is the short form.

Did Snyder want to red shirt Delton? Yes

Did Delton want to red shirt? No.

Would Delton have red shirted if they asked him to? Yes

Why didn’t Delton red shirt initially then? Because Snyder and the staff decided not to red shirt him. Original plan was to red shirt him and if they had decided to red shirt him, they would have.

Did the plan to red shirt him change with the injury to Ertz? No, I said it before the season and before the injury to Ertz, Delton was not going to red shirt this year, that was the decision before the season started. They announced Banks was going to red shirt before the season, if they were going to red shirt Delton, they would have done the same thing. But that is not speculation, that is what I know and the reason why I will tell you here momentarily.

Was Alex going to play had Ertz injury not happened? Yes, as with the red shirt question, Alex was going to play whether Ertz got injured or not.

In my posts, I said Alex would get more playing time, people questioned how I could know that? Alex was going to get more playing time as the season progressed, I am relaying what I was told with that, it was not speculation.

Tell us the reason why already. Alright, let’s just say we have a lot in common with Ohio State from last year. More specifically, we lost our starting QB and Back Up QB to injury during the season. Granted, Ohio State’s didn’t happen in the first 2 games, but you get the idea.

I know what you are thinking, I mean we lost our starting QB and our current Back Up QB, which would make him our #3, right? Wrong. And here comes your one word answer to any and every question that this statement brings with it.

Am I saying that Alex was our #2 QB? Yes.

That’s not possible, Joe came in when Jesse went down, so Joe was the #2, how could Alex be the #2 if that happened? Timing

But it’s not possible to be the back up if it happened like that. Is it? Are you forgetting who our head coach is?

So then you are telling me that Joe was not ahead of Alex on the Depth Chart after all? Well, they did have the OR label with them, but Joe was not ahead of Alex on the depth chart and most certainly was not far ahead of him as everyone assumed once Jesse got hurt.

Confused? I’m sure HOFCBS wants it that way. Give that man some credit. When he says things, he means it, and when he plays the vague card, it’s for a reason. The plan was to bring in Banks so they could red shirt Delton, not both. But Banks didn’t turn out to be what they thought and Delton had played his way up the depth chart behind Ertz. You don’t red shirt your back up QB for the obvious reason that he is a play away from taking snaps. But where does Joe fit in and why does he go in over Alex? There’s that Timing answer again. And without spelling it out for you, remember, Alex is a True Freshman. Joe is a walk on red shirt Junior who has taken plenty of snaps as our back up QB last year. And keep in mind that Ertz was behind him as a red shirt freshman taking snaps only to become the starting QB this year.

I digress. The plan was never to red shirt Delton. Ertz was our starting QB and to give Delton gradually more playing time as the season progressed to prepare him for the back up role. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Alex is the first true freshman to take a snap under Bill Snyder since Dylan Meier? Which is a good reference for this year. For you history majors, Roberson had an injury early in 2003 and who came in for him? Jeff Schwinn. But who was the number #2 QB by the end of the season? True Freshman Dylan Meier. Oddly enough, HOFHCBS compared Alex to Roberson, not Dylan. Timing gentleman, Timing.

And these injuries could not have had worse Timing than they did. With HOFHCBS, it’s next man up, because that is how he has done it for as long as anyone can remember.

Bad Timing for this weekend for sure.

Questions to chew on, none of the news stories about Delton give a time table for his return, they just say he is out for this game? Why would they not give out that information? Why is it Bad Timing for this weekend? Maybe those bad apples will know, that is if they would take the time to read this entire post. Or maybe we stumbled upon a way to reveal information without those bad apples ruining it for the whole bunch? That’s wishful thinking. Go Cats

Reactions: MikeNC and ninglu86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.