ADVERTISEMENT

Today's press conference pushed me to it...

Hitzy1

On the depth chart
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2008
St. Joseph, MO
I wrote Bill an email. These thoughts have been in my head for a long time. I really don't care if he reads it. This was therapy for me. I needed this.

TL;DR = Please announce retirement as soon as possible

Good afternoon Coach Snyder,

For as long as I have been a K-State fan, you have been the coach. I have too many memories to count of cheering on the Cats. I have held you in high esteem for a very long time, which makes this seem surreal. I never thought I would write something like this to you.

One of measures that you have repeatedly said would be a factor in how long you coach at K-State is "as long as you are wanted." When you returned to the sidelines after retirement, you said you were coming back to calm the waters. It didn't take very long for you to calm the waters. Since returning, there have been some opportune times for you to turn over the program to a new coach with a loaded roster. There have been a number of seasons where you could have "gone out on top"and gave the next coach the best chance of success at the peak of fan excitement and involvement.

I may be one fan, writing one email, but I believe I am a representative of a large and growing percentage of the fan base that believes it is beyond time for you to retire. It is time for K-State football to move on to the next chapter and to move into the future. The longer that you hold on, the more fans are beginning to question, what is this really about? From the outside looking in, it appears that your insistence to keep coaching is more about you than it is about the university and the people - the ones that you have always said it was about.

Coach, you have nothing more to prove. The foundation has been laid. K-State is not the same school that it was when you arrived in 1989. You have been good for K-State and
K-State has in turn has been good to you and your family. The concern of many fans is that the game has changed, the recruiting landscape and methods have changed and K-State football is showing serious signs of decline in all facets. The play calling has become stale. The decision making especially when it comes to managing the QB's has been highly questionable. I was disappointed in your snarky response to the reporter at the press conference today (Oct 2) who was trying to ask you questions that many fans are wondering about. For you to shake your head the way you did and then later on interrupt his question and treat him the way that you did was inexcusable. That wasn't the Bill Snyder that I grew up admiring. You sir are not above being questioned especially when it is coming from the people - you know, "The Family" that you always make mention of. When you are making the kind of salary that you are, you should expect accountability, you should expect tough questions and we, the fans, should be able to expect respectable and substantive answers. A little bit of humility would go a long way and respect for the reporters who are doing their job. Regardless of how insulting you believe the question may be.

Coach Snyder, I would ask that you take a serious look within and ask yourself if it is worth remaining the coach after this season if it means alienating most of "The Family". Conversations at tailgates and in the stadium, in the community of Manhattan, at watch parties all over the country, and on the internet reveal that you are tarnishing cherished memories that thousands of fans have held on to. Please don't put the university in the position to have to force you out. Please don't put the university President and AD in the tough spot of having to find a way to get you retire. If you want to do one more good thing for the people of K-State, announce your retirement at the end of the season. Give "The Family" the chance to gather in Manhattan at the end of the season one last time to thank you and to celebrate your legacy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News