ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Spring Game from the Sideline

EZPAY56

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2004
Sideline pass as the Son of a former player btw, I did not play past HS)
Sometimes watching from a sideline can be a disadvantage but in this case it really helped see things in the trenches a bit better.
I know we sat a few players for various reasons but just focusing on the guys on the field here are some things that I personally took away from the day.
Zuber- Not just fast, but actually gets off the line well, is very sudden in his cuts. This young man could really turn into a very nice threat.
Zuber can and will be a problem because us Heath and Pringle. BP looks the part and plays the part. He's big, strong off the line and willing to run block and does so pretty well. Smooth in routes, hesitates at times but some extra reps in the summer will bring up his confidence. With all of the pressure he can put on a defense along with the quickness from Heath we are much more explosive from the WR position then last year.
HB- Silmon looks good, Jones is solid and Warmack could really turn into a problem for other teams depending on the choice at QB. Warmack is so quick and has a strong lower body, he's better in blocking then last year but he's not as physical as the other two. I'm thinking he'll be a conditional back (much like the way Sproles is used in the NFL now)
Line- Ash has a chance to be pretty good and so does Johnson, but from what I could see Frantz and Fitzner played well and I would anticipate that Frantz will be good this season and very good in the future.
I know we still have a JUCO Transfer coming in and that should certainly help the depth at O-Line.
Jesse Ertz seemed to be the best overall QB- His leg is NOT 100% though but I think that 80% of that is mental. I noticed that he hung it in the air at times and did not make certain cuts or plant the way he normally would. My guess is that will go away over the next 4 months and he'll be fine. I was also proud of JH. I think everyone else knows he won't be the starting QB but he's not hearing any of it. The guy is working hard and we will have the best quality depth at QB in the conference. The down the field presence of Zuber, Heath and BP is going to really help stretch opposing D's. It's going to keep the Safeties honest and they won't be able to crowd the line like last year. If Ertz and be consistent and just hit the targets it will force the Defense to sit on their heels a little and not fly up which will in turn give some room for the running game and the underneath passes. This is where I personally see Warmack becoming a very nice threat.

Defense wise- RF Reggie Walker is the real deal. He's bulked up. Very very quick off the line and plays with pissed off hands. I can't wait to see Jet pkg with this kid. Key will be the other DT opposite of Geary. Our LB play looks very solid and that crew could be one of our best in several years.

The concern lies at CB- Duke is talented as hell and Cre Moore really needs to take a step forward. The starting line up should do ok but our depth is really the question here. Here's to hoping some incoming talent helps out quickly there.

Overall - it's apparent that Pringle is going to be a main target and may also be used on special teams and don't be surprised if he lines up at Wildcat. With good line and QB play he could be the offensive newcomer of the year. Delton and Warmack on the field at the same time as Pringle, Heath and Zuber the option could really be as fun as it was with Roberson and Sproles. O-Line and Corner Back play will def key here. All of the other pieces seem to be in place.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News