ADVERTISEMENT

We are a 'nice' team.

ColonelMustard

All-Big 12 performer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Ok, I have officially switched sides. I just couldn't do it any more.

Up until this Sunday I was on the side of giving Weber another year. But no longer. I fought the pull to the dark side as long as I could (and pushed back on mounting evidence), but missing the NIT (not to mention the NCAA, again and again and again, etc) was the last straw. I simply have come to accept who Bruce is, what our team is or has become, and what our program has become.

I no longer believe that Weber can or will elevate a team. Now it might be true he'll have some success these next two years, 'nice' seasons, as the core youngsters get older. But he is incapable of building a long-term successful program. I don't think Weber has it in him to elevate a mediocre team to good, or a good team up to a great team. I don't believe he can inspire kids to go beyond who they are, push them beyond their limits so they can grow. I think we will be destined to repeat a pattern of a few years of good teams followed by 3-4 years of bad teams. I no longer believe Weber can have sustained success at KSU.

We are a 'nice' team.

Bruce Weber is a 'nice' coach.

I am certain Weber is a decent, upstanding person. He's 'nice.' Just watch his interviews. He's a 'nice' man.

I think our recruiting reflects the general perception that KSU is a 'nice' program. The blue-bloods passed on a player? Some of the upper echelon teams passed as well? Well, KSU is a 'nice' place to play. A consolation prize.

Watch our team play. We are 'nice.' Not a single aggressive, hard-nosed player. We're 'nice.'

Our program is a 'nice' program. Just happy to get participation ribbons, be talked about every once in a while by the national press, and get a big win every once in a while. That's 'nice.'

We are no longer a feared program. The 'Octagon of Doom' is simply a 'nice' place to play. Opponents no longer fear Bramlage. The' Octagon of Amiable.'

This 'nice' perception and current state all stems from Weber's personality and approach. We will always be 'nice' in all aspects as long as Bruce is here.

Nice. Complacent. Settled. We are K-State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News