ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting What I know about Purdy

D

Derek Young

Sharing what I know before I hit the hay..

1) Nobody knows what Chubba is going to do. Not me. Not any other reporters. And not any coaching staff. Everyone is still in the dark.

2) I don't think Louisville has plans to push out QB Tee Webb even if they land Purdy. I don't know if that changed or if my original info is wrong. It sounds like they do have concerns that's what could bite them.

3) Michigan State writers are confident, yes. No doubt about it. But more so because they are just reading between the lines because that coaching staff is one they perceive that takes very little gambles and they shied away from Alaimo so that they could wait on Purdy. That's really all it is off of. Maybe that means something. Maybe it doesn't.

4) When I spoke to Chubba on Tuesday and gave him the floor, he never mentioned Michigan State on his own. But he did mention Louisville, K-State and KU on his own. In that conversation, he certainly gave me the impression that it was Kansas State or Louisville and others have felt the same, which I thought validated my suspicion. People close to Louisville don't seem to agree, however.

5) I'll be driving tomorrow, on my way to Nashville for a bachelor party. So I'll probably miss the hysteria either way. I'll try to share anything I end up finding out.

6) I don't have an official pick right now because i don't know enough. But based off a number of different factors, if forced to make one, my gut is Louisville.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News