ADVERTISEMENT

Football What I think

Matt Hall

All-American performer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
What a title, right?!? That's what you come up with when you aren't super creative and just make the title "what I think." Anyway...

In a different thread I was asked if I was any less sure of my belief K-State would have a new football coach next season. I struggled to respond internally. My immediate response was "no." Then I thought, "well..." and started thinking. I'm still thinking and am going to try and outline why it's conflicting.

My initial reaction is "no change" due to some things I KNOW happened and were said/communicated in the last 4-6 weeks. Those things make it virtually impossible for a level-headed, analytical brain to accept an outcome of anything other than this being Snyder's last season. Things that were said, plans that were made, actions that were taken, etc., on BOTH "sides." I know how general I'm being with these words, but I imagine you understand why I am. I try to push myself to be more analytical/level-headed as much as I can, even if I fail sometimes. The most "reasonable" belief right now is that Snyder will not be back at K-State next season, based only off things I know/hear - no emotions.

Now, on the flip side, I'd be lying if I said the "emotional" side of me wasn't starting to question it. If we get through today with no learning of anything, I'd have to admit to myself I am surprised and have to re-evaluate what all I know and what could be different. So, in that sense, I'd absolutely have to say I'm less confident.

TL;DR - I still strongly expect the same outcome projected for a long time, but doubts are creeping in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News