ADVERTISEMENT

What % of reps do you

gvillecat

All-Big 12 performer
Nov 1, 2001
believe Kody Cook will receive with the first team offense at QB during bowl prep ?

As I have posted more than once, I appreciate the fact that Joe Hubener gives it his all.
Joe's lack of success passing the ball has nothing to do with lack of effort and 'want to'.
I'm also sure that Joe has been banged up most of the season... he takes a beating and keeps on ticking.
And it's not like Joe hasn't thrown some good passes, but he is inconsistent and had a bad day against WV.

Joe also seems to throw up deep passes and hopes they will be completed, but are usually intercepted. He's had some costly INTs this year when throwing into coverage. The deep pass to Baylor when K-State was driving the ball.... this past week against WV... the pick 6 to begin the second half against TCU...etc..etc.

But again, I don't want this post to be a bash on Hubener. Joe has been K-State's best option and he wants to do well = he gives 100% (which should be appreciated by all).

That said, Arkansas's past defense is worse than K-State's pass defense (the rankings are about the same, but K-State has faced better passing teams). To beat Arkansas, K-State needs to have some success passing.

I believe Kody Cook gives K-State a better chance to have some success passing the ball.

With roughly 15 practices, I would like to believe that Kody will receive 50% of the reps with the first team offense at Quarterback. Granted some of the practices will be about fundamentals & development, but I'm hoping that Kody is getting more time at QB during bowl prep.

GO STATE !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News