ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcats add transfer OL

EsquireKSU08

On the depth chart
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2009
Since Signing Day, it's been apparent that K-State has been looking for added help across both lines, in particular the offensive side.

Since the loss of Joseph Scelfo, who seems destined for NC State over K-State, the Wildcats have been testing the transfer market more. Last night, it appears they finally landed someone: Nick Kaltmayer, a 6'7"/300 lb. offensive tackle from Western Illinois.

I don't know much on the situation yet, but what I can provide is that as a freshman last fall for the Leathernecks, the Edwardsville, IL native played in six of of the team's final seven games, even making a start against national champion North Dakota State.

Out of high school, Nick was All St. Louis Metro but garnered only the attention of Western and Southern Illinois. Our own Josh Helmholdt evaluated Nick as a senior and noted how well he moved for his size, noting his background as a basketball player which further proved his athleticism. At the time, Rivals assumed more attention would come but nobody ever bit.

Of course, odds are he'll sit out 2016 because of the transfer, but with his size and FCS experience, this is a solid pick-up for Charlie Dickey because he'll have 3 years left to play.

I'll try and catch up with Nick over the next few days, but given it's a holiday weekend that might not happen until next week. Stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News