ADVERTISEMENT

Would you go after Cueto if you were the Royals?

bradyp08

All-American performer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2007
Just curious peoples opinions here on whether the Royals should go after Cueto or not? I imagine the Reds will be looking for something like the Rays got for David Price last year. You can't deny that adding a true number 1 to this team makes them even that much stronger.

The reasons I would basically are limited but can all be encompassed by saying that this is the Royals time. How often do small market clubs get a real opportunity to win a world series, it's not a place the Royals will be forever.

Then there are the reasons I wouldn't which include but aren't limited to is it worth selling the farm for a half year rental? It obviously was an easier pill to swallow when you got Shields for two years and Wade (although no one expected him to perform like this out of the pen) for three last time they made a big trade.

Personally I don't think I would, but if the Royals could somehow get him for just one top prospect and a couple mid level guys I would consider it...doubt it happens, but it makes for interesting July banter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News