ADVERTISEMENT

The next Jackie Stiles - Brooke Walker

MrKstate

New walk-on to the team
Jul 21, 2001
A previous message came up about girls basketball players that we missed out on from Kansas. I had the good fortune to attend a Jackie Stiles high school game back in the day where I had to wait in line to get in to see her. My mind was blown from what I witnessed. Against Little River and the Prolles (sp?)twins who hounded her all night. Claflin lost but Jackie had 54 points out of 72. I've seen a lot of good players since then but it wasn't till last Saturday night have I seen a skill set that came close. There is a sophomore guard on Andover's team that was bringing back memories of what I saw from Jackie so many years ago. Her name is Brooke Walker. She had 29 of the 42 points against Bishop Carroll. She had step back 3's, Euro step wrap around reverse layup, runners, stole the ball and finished around the basket. She was too unselfish. Many of her passes were fumbled or the person wasn't close on their shots. Just pure joy in watching her play. Hopefully KSU won't miss out on this one. She's special!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News