ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Full Thursday Bball coverage: Player grades, fast break, rapid recap

Here is the content from last night in one spot to help recap the victory last night...also shoutout to the K-State women for their huge win against #4 Iowa last night. Mittie getting the job done without Ayoka Lee deserves a big tip of the cap.
Reactions: KUchupa

Observations of last nights game

Sills and Johnson are definitely strong muscular players. They both bring good things to the table.

Carter is quick and moves well. Hope his offensive production is a sign of good things to come.

Tomlin needs strong hands. There is a lot more contact at this level compared to juco. Not only at the basket but away from the basket after loose balls etc. He can be a force if he works at it.

I’d like to see Nowell speed up his game but with a new team that may not be possible right now.

This team has 6 weeks to figure out who they are and how they fit together. There is potential written all over the place but there is also disaster if they don’t figure it out. I hear the dissatisfaction in Tang’s voice but not discouragement.

I really think the conference season is going to be fun this year.

Is this Fox pundent still living in 1900?

Single women need to get married and “settle down” so they stop voting for Democrats, Fox News host Jesse Watters unbelievably urged on national TV Thursday.

“Single women and voters under 40 have been ‘captured’ by Democrats,” Watters complained in the wake of the GOP’s disappointing midterm elections.

“We need these ladies to get married. It’s time to fall in love and just settle down. Guys, go put a ring on it,” he urged.

Better overturn that 19th amendment while we're at it.

Right!! Keep them women barefoot and pregnant.

• Poll
Why are you a Kansas State fan?

Why a K-State fan?

• Family influence

Votes: 186 33.7%
  • Listened/watched games as a kid

Votes: 110 19.9%
  • Got a scholarship/wanted certain major

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • Girl friend/boy friend went to K-State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anti-Jayhawk choice

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • Grew up in Manhattan or within 3 hours and went there

Votes: 156 28.3%
  • One of those Jayhawk BB fans and K-State football fan

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 58 10.5%

Basketball recruiting From Cassidy: Breaking down the Big 12 (early signing period)

Good stuff mentioning K-State and also alludes to Macaleab Rich moving into the Rivals 150 by the end of his senior season

Football Dennis Dodd realignment talk, 810 radio recap

-Everything on the table. Everyone trying to position themselves.

-SEC and Big10 one team away (Notre Dame) from having monopoly on college football, money, claiming a champion, etc.

-When these networks negotiate these revenue deals, they only consider a few teams in each league (for example, OU/TX in B12)

-USC/UCLA a bigger deal than TX/OU because everyone knew OU/TX was bigger than the Big 12. But leaving the PAC 12 after nearly a century of membership is huge.

-Surprised UCLA was able to break away from California State system. It's ruthless.

-Where is Big 12 at right now as far as recruiting schools? Given Big 12's history, they should have learned they need to be proactive. They have been in discussion with a few Pac teams.

-I don't think Oregon or Washington are going to big 10 b/c they don't cross the minimum threshold in added revenue. And, I don't think they'll go to Big 12.

-ACC is getting real, real nervous.

-These other conferences need stability more than anything. But, with everyone pursuing their options, it's difficult.

-I think the Big 12 is in great shape to at least exist. I've heard nothing but good things about new commissioner. Kind of stable by default as nobody is really pursuing their teams. But, they have base and now they can go look at PAC 12 for example.

-What about loose partnership with pac 12 and acc? I don't know that it's viable....just a way for leagues to try and extract more money from ESPN (b/c acc is currently locked into their contract through 2036). These two leagues are basically desperate to stay relevant and to raise more money. Is there a way to get out of ACC grant of rights? Lawyers are currently busy combing through contracts to see what options are. There are certain ACC teams who know they are going to be well below Big 10 and SEC. So, big ACC schools want out NOW.

(Had to take call)

-Something to watch is all the little leagues that get automatic bids to NCAA basketball tourney. I think that'll change because bigger schools don't like sharing that revenue. Since this all about revenue, sooner or later it's going to creep down to basketball and the bigger schools will do the same thing football is doing.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT