ADVERTISEMENT

Statement win for the program. Period

6-2 now and probably will book a 15-16th slot in tomorrows AP based on the Upsets today and the way we won will jump a couple.

recruiting wise the Pokes have been a nemesis for us, especially in Wichita. But several Texas guys as well. We recruit the same guys - your high 3* to sometimes 4* guys. A la TCU, Baylor and Tech. We’re probably at the low range of that sample group too.

to beat them like that on national TV with all the 17 year olds being able to watch was monster.

we still need to get to Arlington at all costs to really get this program where we want it again.

let’s go beat texass like a drum now!

Three Positives/Three Negatives

Three Positives
  1. Will Howard. Mason and the rest of you made me believe Will Howard wasn't going to be capable of being a solid second option at quarterback. Thanks for lying to me. Howard had the best game of his career throwing for 296 yards and four touchdowns, all of which came in the first half. Howard plays with a strong level of conviction, and he doesn't seem afraid to throw the ball into tight windows. He seems to be seeing the field really well and he's getting through his progressions well, I think.
  2. Deuce Got Loose. Deuce Vaughn hasn't been disappointing this season, but he's certainly had a season with highlight games and average performances. Today was his best of the season. He ran for more than 150 yards on the day and was able to get involved in the passing game a little bit too. I think this could lead to Vaughn getting really hot in the second half of the season where he really paces the offense.
  3. Wide Receivers are coming along. Both Kade Warner and Malik Knowles have put together strong games in back-to-back games. Knowles, aside from his fumble against Iowa State, has now had three really good games for the Wildcats. I think the emergence of the Wildcats WRs are helping Will Howard in the passing game, and I think they will help Adrian Martinez when/if he is able to come back for the Wildcat offense.
Three Negatives
  1. There
  2. Are
  3. None.

Hot Takes OKstate

No one wants to read an 8 paragraph assessment of a punt, so put all your hot takes here, in bullet points.

Have to add a new disclaimer this week. Do not read or participate if you're going to get ultra-butthurt something was said about your favorite player. They're called "Hot takes", not "I spent years breaking this down and heres my professional opinion - takes". I don't care all that much if I'm wrong and seeking me out in other threads to tell me to "GTFOH" or "GMAFB" because you're so emotional about it is silly, and a worse look than my original take...

- My "personal vendetta" against Hubert ends this week, he played his best game of his career potentially, and it's scarry that he could still do more. He could be Willis making 900k, or Howard (without the length) making 3-6 million.

- We are a misdirection team

- This defense reminds me of what Tom Hayes wanted to do, but never did

- Leveston may yet develop into a LT as I said this offseason, I hope he proves me right

- Credit where credit's due, Hughes was in the right spot over and over yesterday, despite being Oscar Pistorius physically

- Knowles caught the ball (shocking revelation)

- Trotter ran hard, he's still not good and left several big runs on the field if he had any vision or cut ability (I hate it when announcers can even see it)

- Howard has the best straight line speed of any QB we've had since... Allen Webb?

- Howard is in his own head and doesn't know how to make reads/checkdowns yet, I hope "yet" and not "ever".

- Called it in the game-thread, the decision to go for two was baffling, and to hear CK defend it even more so. You do that when you're a juggernaut, not when you're "walk-on U"

- Mess is creative and put people in good spots

- We are 3 players away on offense, and 2 on defense, far less than I thought, unfortunately some players will leave so we may be the same amount away next season

- Miami or Indiana's 4th WR would be our #1

- Having 3 scholarship WR's sucks

- Yesterday was a rollercoaster game, I was up, down, up, down, then cried myself to sleep in my basement because I have no friends

- This staff needs to remember they need to build the program, not rebuild the program on the fly, because that won't work, you can't treat this like a team that's 1-2 plays away a game, because we're 3-4 players away every snap

- I dont know who Barrett Carter is, but I love watching him smash that guy in the video on the right

Let the butthurt commence...

Football Recruiting More Martinez rumblings

Picked up on two things late last night in RE: Martinez. I have verified just one of them. But I'll share both.

Not verified and so it might be a little flimsy info admittedly, but I was told that Klein was in Lincoln last night meeting with Adrian Martinez. Again, not sure on the veracity of that info.

What I am pretty sure of is that Martinez will be visiting Kansas State this weekend. Heard that from three separate sources at this point. That's happening.

Football Pregame Injury Report

Think this is a good summation of what to expect tomorrow or plan on at least
K-STATE
IN
RB Deuce Vaughn
QB Will Howard
S Josh Hayes
CB Julius Brents
DE Felix Anudike-Uzomah

PROBABLE
TE Ben Sinnott

QUESTIONABLE
QB Adrian Martinez (practiced Thursday, extent unknown)
LB Daniel Green
I would lean more towards both of these guys being "doubtful" but that is just gut feeling

OKLAHOMA STATE
IN
QB Spencer Sanders (dealing with lingering leg injuries)
DL Brock Martin

QUESTIONABLE
RB Dominic Richardson
S Jason Taylor II
S Thomas Harper
WR Talyn Shettron
WR Braydon Johnson
WR Jaden Bray
OL Preston Wilson

OUT
DT Brendon Evers (out for the season and Texas was first game he missed, prepping for NFL Draft)

Football An update on what players that transferred from K-State are doing this season

For anybody that doesn't appear on here that you have questions on, the trail goes cold and I wasn't able to find info for such as Davonte Pritchard and Justin Gardner.

SOLD // 2 tickets - KSU vs OSU - Row 2 very low upper deck on 50yd - $150/pair

Selling TWO (2) tickets for KSU versus Oklahoma State. Fantastic view directly on the 50-yard line, situated very low (second row) of the upper deck. Section 425, Row 2, seat 15-16. A concrete wall is directly behind you so there's nobody in back of you (and a little extra room too).

**Asking $150 for the pair, sold only as a pair**. Prefer Paypal or Venmo payment (I would pay their fees if you don't use friends and family) and electronic ticket transfer. Alternatively, I can meet you in parking lot before game and hand you a printed ticket but we can't be there until 15 minutes or so before the game starts.

**Call/Text xxxxxxxxxxxx**. Feel free to share (thanks for looking!)

i.ibb.co/p320KG3/KSU-Stadium-from-seats-tickets-for-sale.jpg
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT