ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 prediction this week

OU at ISU---OU currently 1 point favorite with over/under at 56. Question in this game centers on whether OUs defense is worse than ISU offense. Both bad. Think this game being in Ames swings this game in ISU favor. ISU wins 30-23. Bet ISU +1 and stay away from the over/under.

TCU @ WV--TCU only a 7.5 favorite and over/under at 69. Does Vegas know something we don't? Think TCU wins easily and probably both teams score a number of points. TCU wins 45-30. Take TCU-7.5 and the OVER. Would consider a parlay TCU and OVER.

OSU @ KSU--KSU currently a 1.5 point favorite and over/under at 56. Guess Vegas more confident about Martinez than I am. Both teams with injuries. This game will be close. I think OSU should be favored by about a fg though. Predict OSU 31 KSU 28 Hope I'm wrong. I would not bet this game.

Baylor @ TT--TT a 2.5 point favorite and over/under at 63.5. I think Tech the better team and is playing at home. Don't see Baylor defense holding Tech under 35. Tech wins 38-30. Bet Tech -2.5 but stay away from the over/under.

Snap Counts vs TCU

Offense:
Hadley Panzer - 53
Cooper Beebe - 53
Hayden Gillum - 53
KT Leveston - 53
Christian Duffie - 53
Kade Warner - 47
Deuce Vaughn - 44
Malik Knowles - 44
Will Howard - 43
Phillip Brooks - 40
Sammy Wheeler - 32
Ben Sinnott - 29
DJ Giddens - 13
RJ Garcia - 6
Jake Rubley - 6
WIll Swanson - 6
Adrian Martinez - 4
Christian Moore - 2
Seth Porter - 2

Defense:
Ekow Boye-Doe - 82
Josh Hayes - 75
Kobe Savage - 73
Austin Moore - 67
Felix Anudike-Uzomah - 59
Nick Allen - 58
Khalid Duke - 53
Eli Huggins - 50
Julius Brents - 45
Drake Cheatum - 43
Nate Matlack - 42
Brendan Mott - 41
Cincere Mason - 39
Jacob Parrish - 35
Robert Hentz II - 28
Des Purnell - 22
Daniel Green - 19
Jaylen Pickle - 19
Gavin Forsha - 16
TJ Smith - 12
Beau Palmer - 9
VJ Payne - 6
Uso Seumalo - 6
Omar Daniels - 2
Cody Stufflebean - 2

All of the names in bold are guys that were limited/missed time due to injury in the game

Mel Kiper's take on Felix

Which prospect are you moving up your board?​

i

Kiper: Felix Anudike-Uzomah, DE, Kansas State. He was incredible in Saturday's win over Texas Tech, with three sacks and a forced fumble. He beats offensive tackles with speed and with power, and he plays hard on every snap. Anudike-Uzomah had 11 sacks last season, and he's up to 5.5 so far in 2022. He's a true junior, which means he could return to K-State next year, but the 6-foot-4, 255-pound edge rusher just keeps getting better. I have a Day 2 grade on Anudike-Uzomah now, but he's rising.

Three Positives/Three Negatives: TCU

Three Positives:
1. Will Howard was nails in his first action back on the field for the Wildcats. He looked like a totally different dude than the one that played the last two seasons. Late in the game trying to make a play he did throw an interception, but I am not going to fault him for that.

2. The Wildcats handle adversity early well and I still believe they can stay alive in the Big 12 race, but will need to get healthy in a hurry. If that happens, enough happened tonight for me to believe that they are one of the three best teams in the Big 12. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, K-State, Kansas and Texas are all teams in the top half that have dealt with injuries this season.

3. Players other than Adrian Martinez and Deuce Vaughn made plays on offense in the first half. DJ Giddens had early action and was able to use it to his advantage, Phillip Brooks had a big fourth down catch and Kade Warner had a sweet touchdown grab. The Wildcats need to use that confidence and carry it over for the remainder of the season.

Three Negatives:
1. The injury bug struck the Wildcats in a big way. Adrian Martinez, Deuce Vaughn, Ben Sinnott, Will Howard, Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Daniel Green, and Julius Brents all missed time with injuries in the game versus the Frogs. In the case of Martinez, he never came back after the first drive and has a lingering knee issue from the Iowa State game. Howard came back, but it was too late.

2. Chris Tennant missed two kicks on the evening and neither of them had much of a chance. The K-State kicking game is back in the mix. Instead of 38-34 with 4:00 minutes left, it was 38-28. The Wildcats are sure to be in close games moving forward and will need to be able to steal three points from time to time.

3. The defense wasn't able to stop the big play from TCU, but I won't be too harsh on them because they were down a bunch of dudes and the deck gets stacked against you when the offense is silent in the second half. Another dynamic offense is the challenge next weekend with Oklahoma State in town, a chance for redemption.

OT: Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread

The kc predraft/free agency thread has served its time.

Starting times, I believe ...

Thursday - 7:00
Friday - 6:00
Saturday - 11:00

Do the Chiefs trade a first and third to jump up into the lower 20's?
Would mind 2 or 3 spots and a fourth, but hate to give up a third.
Wouldnt even mind falling back 6 - 8 spots and picking up a late third or early fourth.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT