ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball recruiting David Castillo (Oklahoma Four Star, #22 National 2024) visiting this weekend

Plays for Clent Stewart at Bartlesville

Already posted in the sticky recruiting thread, but wanted to make sure it didn't also get buried in there. Helps that they have the Clent Stewart connection, Stewart came with him on his unofficial last season.

Friday, November 4th, WEEK 10 in the Big 12

I just noticed this. Why are ALL the Big 12 games except one scheduled on a FRIDAY? None of these games have a Game Time OR Network Listing Scheduled yet on ESPN. ALL FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES? Truly Weird!
Attendance for some will be a challenge.
This is also the weekend we have a time change on Sunday, November 6th.

FRIDAY

TEXAS @ K-STATE
TEXAS TECH @ TCU
OKLAHOMA STATE @ KANSAS
BAYLOR @ OKLAHOMA

SATURDAY

WEST VIRGINIA @ IOWA STATE (ESPN +)

Basketball From Alec: Keyontae Johnson's fight back to playing basketball

A lot of good information in here on what Keyontae went through to get cleared to play and some insight as to why K-State was the spot for him

• Poll
OVER or UNDER - Martinez takes 5 snaps?

🏈OVER or UNDER - Martinez takes 5 snaps against OKST?

• Yes more than 5

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • No less than 5

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Doesn’t take 1 snap

Votes: 58 70.7%

Login to view embedded media
Without Martinez clearly we are a different team. Since Mike Gundy has “sources” in Manhattan, KS I figured you all knew as good as anybody if Martinez will play this weekend. Clearly our homeboy Gundy thinks so. I put the over under @ 5 since he made it 4 snaps against TCU. Curious to see what the consensus is.

Why the game against OSU likely determines who plays in Arlington

I placed the league into three tiers.
Top--TCU, OSU, KSU, Texas
Middle--Baylor, OU, Tech
Lower--KU, ISU, WV
Assuming that there is a 1/3 chance of beating a team one category above. Less than 20% for beating a team 2 categories above. Here is how the standings for the top tier teams will likely end up.

TCU--Remaining games--Texas, Baylor, Tech, ISU, WV Should have a 7-2 or 8-1 record and tie breakers with OSU and KSU. Almost a lock for Arlington.
OSU--Remaining games--KSU, OU, KU, ISU, WV. Easiest remaining schedule. Should have a 7-2 or 6-3 record. (6.57)
KSU--Remaining games--OSU, Texas, Baylor, KU, Wv Should also be looking at a 7-2 or 6-3 record (6.27)
Texas--Remaining games--TCU, KSU, Baylor, KU Should a 6-3 or 5-4 record (5.47)

If OSU wins this weekend the Championship Game is likely set.

If KSU wins this weekend, KSU becomes the favorite and should have a 7-2 or 6-3 record (6.77). Meanwhile, OSU also looking at a 7-2 or 6-3 record (6.07). What is key here is that KSU has the tie breaker over OSU.

Texas MUST have KSU beat OSU to maintain their chance of making Arlington.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT